Prayer Points for December 2022
1 Kings 18:16-17
To read the introduction to 12 Days prophetic prayer and fasting, please GO HERE
(1Ki 18:30, 32, 36, 38 NLT) 30. Then Elijah called to the people, “Come over here!” They all crowded around him as he repaired the altar of the LORD that had been torn down….32. and he used the stones to rebuild the altar in the name of the LORD. Then he dug a trench around the altar large enough to hold about three gallons…. 36. At the usual time for offering the evening sacrifice, Elijah the prophet walked up to the altar and prayed, “O LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, prove today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant. Prove that I have done all this at your command….38. Immediately the fire of the LORD flashed down from heaven and burned up the young bull, the wood, the stones, and the dust. It even licked up all the water in the trench!
The Altar of Proofs:
There was an incredible drought in Israel for three and half years, because the nation went after a foreign god. In the third year, God sent Elijah with a word to Israel, that He is about to restore rain to Israel. Elijah challenged them to choose between YAHWEH or Baal. He therefore called for a contest, between God and Baal. Upon this request the prophets of Baal accepted the challenge, and they raised an altar unto Baal ready for show. The determining factor, was the God who answers by fire is the living God. The prophets of Baal offered sacrifices and called on their god, from morning till evening, but there was no response from Baal.
However, at the time of the evening sacrifice, Elijah rebuilt the altar of God, and offered sacrifice to YAHWEH. He called on God to prove Himslef, and without wasting any time YAHWEH responded with fire from heaven. There is an altar of proofs, that never fails to manifest and prove the faithfulness of God; it is still speaking today. When the right sacrifice is placed on the altar, the God of heaven will always manifest His presence. Today, we shall be raising the altar of proofs over our lives, and the month of December 2022. Let the altar of proofs continue to speak in our lives and households throughout 2022, in Jesus’ name.
Prayer Points I
- Let us begin to appreciate God for December 2021, for His goodness and His mercies over our lives and that of the members of our families, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Let us begin to commit December 2022 into the hands of God, inviting Him to assume His place in our lives, as our King reigning in righteousness, in Jesus’ name.
- Let us commit the days and the nights in December 2022 into God’s hand, that as they begin their operations, they shall favour our course in the name of Jesus Christ (Psalms 19:1-3)
- Father, we pull down and destroy every altar contending with Your Lordship and majesty in our lives, families, marriages, ministries, businesses, and careers, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Let us declare and prophesy, that by the voice of our prayer, we raise an altar of proofs over the month of December by the blood of the lamb, in the name of Jesus Christ (1 Kings 18:32).
- We declare and prophesy, that throughout 2022 the God that answers by fire shall manifest His presence and glory continually over our lives and households, in Jesus’ name (1 Kings 18:38)
Prayer Points II
- We declare and prophesy, that our God shall manifest and prevail over any situations, that will attempt or challenge the existence and the reality of God in 2022, in the name of Jesus Christ (1 Kings 18:27)
- We declare and prophesy, that throughout 2022 there shall be proofs in our lives, households, marriages, businesses, finances, ministries, careers and assignments, that we serve a living God, in Jesus’ name (1 Kings 18:38-39)
- We declare and prophesy, that no drought or famine of any kind shall survive the existence of the altar of proofs in our lives and families in 2022, in the name of Jesus Christ (1 Kings 18:45)
- We declare and prophesy, that throughout 2022, there shall be a continual outpouring of the rain of God’s blessings, over our lives, households, marriages, businesses, ministries, careers and assignments, in Jesus’ name (1 Kings 18:45)
- We declare and prophesy, that throughout 2022 the sound of abundance shall never cease in our lives and family, in the name of Jesus Christ (1 Kings 18:41)
- We declare and prophesy, that throughout 2022 the hands of the Lord shall remain and abide in the cloud of our families, businesses, marriages, ministries, careers, in the name of Jesus Christ (1 Kings 18:44)
- We declare and prophesy, that in 2022 we shall not bow to strange gods for any reason, YAHWEH the only living God shall occupy the throne of our lives, from the beginning to the end, in Jesus’ name (1 Kings 18:38-39)